Friday, June 26, 2009

Fall '09 Runway Favorites

Today, I decided to do a post on my favorite looks from fall 2009 fashion week. The colors, patterns, and shapes seen in the designs were definetely different than the ones in spring 2009's post (see below). Although I am a fan of bright colors and whismsical patterns, I was really happy with what I saw from the designs I saw. A lot of metallics, military detail, and more refined and classic shapes were part of fall 2009 designs.

BCBG MAZ AZRIA: I really liked the pairing of the dark dresses with the metallic tights--such a nice contrast! I also enjoyed the black on black and gray on gray dresses, they looked so elegant. My favorite look (above) was the black and brown wrap dress with the ruffle trim on the collar.

JASON WU: There were so many things that I liked about Jason Wu's fall line- the prints, the pops of neon, and the intriate details, such as the ruffles and trim. I also liked how some could be worn for day and others for night. My favorite piece in the collection was the cream colored gown with ruffles at the bottom.

MUI MUI: I also really liked Mui Mui's fall line. The shapes were very unique and all of the pieces had a very classic elegance look to them. I loved the printed coats, they were my favorite pieces in the line.

CHLOE: Chloe's fall line was filled with luxe fabrics and romantic shapes. Bows, ruffles, and military detail looked rich against the pastels/black color scheme.

LUELLA: Once again, Luella was my favorite of the season! I loved the military detailed dress with the ruffles modeled by Karlie Kloss. A lot of the pieces were dark, with touches of metallics and contrasted with bold colored shoes. Some of the pieces had a masculine/feminine thing going on, that I really liked. Also, the accessories gave this collection an edgy feel.

xoxo, Jacks

No comments:

Post a Comment