Thursday, June 25, 2009

Spring '09 Runway Favorites


Since I just started this blog, I figured I would start with a wall post of spring 2009 fashion week. Above, are a few of my favorite looks. I think that in this season, a lot of designers used bold colors and pattern as part of there looks, although silhouettes differed.

THAKOON: This collection was very unique, and I really liked the black on black floral designs. Also, the strawberry printed dresses were extremely cute as well as the sequined dresses. Overall, the collection was very classic and glamorous with a whimsical appeal.

ELEY KISHIMOTO: This collection was filled with whismsical designs and bold colors. I really liked how the tye-dye tights were paired with the different patterned skirt and shirt. Although there was a lot a patterns going on, the looked was pulled together nicely with a simple, clean silhouette.

ANNA SUI: Anna Sui's spring collection was very bold, in both it's patterns and designs. A lot of the pieces were accesoried with colorful jewerly to match the designs. I think that over, this collection had a folkloric vibe to it. I really enjoyed the plaid, sequins, floral, stripes, seen in the clothes.

LUELLA: This was definetely my favorite collection. I loved how that ladylike, feminine pieces were in candy-colored hues and floral patterns. Also, the layers of ruffles, bright tweed, and quirky accessories added to the charm of Luella's collections.

MARC BY MARC JACOBS: I liked how this collection had an urban, modern flair. The colors were kept simple in most pieces, but were accessoried with bright touches. Also, a few pieces were in simple florals. Some of my favorite pieces included the military jacket, the purple floral mini dress, the white ruffled dress with the coral sash, and the jean mini dress.

xoxo, Jacks

No comments:

Post a Comment